Our client Datshop, responsible for managing the infrastructures of Turkey's largest gold exchange, was experiencing delays in their web applications. The architecture and infrastructure were not compatible with their working environments, leading to instability issues. Synchronization of web applications was crucial for Datshop, prompting them to transition to AWS Cloud with the assistance of LimonCloud to overcome these challenges and establish a modern and stable infrastructure. During the migration process, LimonCloud meticulously analyzed Datshop's requirements and needs. LimonCloud presented a modern and stable AWS Cloud Infrastructure tailored to Datshop's specifications. In this project, LimonCloud took on the responsibility of managing the infrastructure, while Datshop handled software and code development processes internally. This article delves into the advantages brought about by migrating the infrastructure to AWS and explores the solutions devised for the challenges that emerged during this transition
Datshop's web applications were consistently malfunctioning. Its infrastructure was outdated and in need of modernization. Load balancing between web servers was being done inconsistently, struggling to handle high traffic. Under these conditions, Datshop faced difficulties in providing the desired services to its customers. To understand the root causes of these structural issues and to enhance customer service, DatShop reached out to LimonCloud.
After analyzing the infrastructure of LimonCloud Datshop, it was suggested that certain applications on virtual servers could be utilized as services on the AWS platform. This would effectively eliminate instabilities and complexities in the architecture. The management and maintenance burden of applications would be lifted from DatShop. Furthermore, this approach would facilitate cost optimization by replacing numerous operational virtual servers with AWS services. Notable services among these include AWS WAF, Amazon RDS, Amazon Elasticache, and Amazon Elastic Load Balancer.
Migration Practice of DatShop
• LimonCloud conducted a comprehensive analysis of Datshop's demands and requirements, deciding to migrate certain web applications as-is while utilizing AWS services for others. In optimizing the infrastructure's functionality, they made well-informed choices. While opting to run the customer's web applications on EC2 instances, other applications such as databases, caches, and security firewalls were designated to be managed by AWS services like RDS, Elasticache, and AWS WAF.
• LimonCloud successfully migrated Datshop's web applications to EC2 virtual servers, resulting in a noticeable performance improvement and a significant reduction in system downtime. Datshop transitioned from a set of virtual servers to AWS Elastic Load Balancer for load balancing purposes, eliminating the need for DatShop to manage the load distribution service and achieving notable cost optimization.
• Previously relying on virtual servers for database services, Datshop's database segment was migrated to AWS RDS with LimonCloud's intervention. This change led to enhanced database performance, a substantial decrease in timeout issues, and more effective communication between the web applications running on EC2 and the database. As a result, the system attained a more stable structure.
• While DatShop previously ensured infrastructure security through firewalls on virtual servers, AWS WAF services were employed for security measures on the AWS Cloud. This not only transferred the security management from DatShop but also contributed to a performance boost in web applications.
• To sustain DatShop's web applications, a continuous operation of numerous virtual servers was required, posing cost challenges. In the AWS Cloud environment, these virtual servers were strategically utilized as reserved instances under EC2, facilitating cost optimization.
• For cache services, DatShop opted for AWS Elasticache, seamlessly integrating it with the RDS database. This integration effectively resolved system latency issues.
• The delays experienced during logins to the DatShop website were successfully addressed by transitioning to AWS CloudFront services. This pivotal step eliminated latency problems by providing global content distribution, ultimately enhancing customer satisfaction.
LimonCloud successfully managed the migration process for DatShop and provided the necessary services on AWS. In this migration process, LimonCloud and DatShop teams work together for a smooth migration process.
• The migration of web servers to Amazon EC2 resulted in a notable enhancement in the performance of web applications.
• The transition of the database to AWS RDS contributed to establishing a more stable system.
• The implementation of security measures through AWS WAF significantly reduced the occurrence of attacks on the website, ensuring uninterrupted system operation.
• The adoption of Amazon ElastiCache alleviated the load on the database, leading to a 10% improvement in application performance.
• The integration of Amazon CloudFront minimized latency on web pages, consequently elevating end-user satisfaction
• Furthermore, the shift to Amazon Elastic Load Balancer eliminated complexity in the application and stabilized the distribution of load across web servers.
Let’s create a success story together! 🚀Let's Start
S Sport Plus Case Studies
We have used highly available infrastructure feature of Amazon Web Services in S Sport Plus’s to improve their database and CI/CD process.View Study
Virasoft Case Studies
We have enhanced the environment of Virasoft with Amazon Relational Database Services.View Study
Panel Kırtasiye Case Studies
High Available Storage Solution in Panel Kırtasiye e-Commerce PlatformView Study